Inside the Mind of a Sloppy Firsts Girl!

*

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Living With My Mom Is A Rollercoaster!

It all started Friday at lunch. Posie was talking about this concert that was going on. There was going to be four or five bands playing, and it was going to be lots of fun. The five of us all decided to go and check it out. The five of us include: Posie, Dasha, Katie, myself, and unfortunetly Cassie.

Of course I still had to ask my mom for permission, but I didn't think it would be a problem since she's always trying to get me to go out and do more. Posie was going to stop by my house and pick me up around six that night, and we would pick up the other girls from there.

My mom got home around 430 and I thought it would be best to just ask. I told her how all my friends were going to be going to this concert and how I wanted to go as well. She was all for me going, at first. I mentioned that I was probably going to be out kind of late. Maybe midnight, or one at the latest. She freaked out when I mentioned this.

"There is no way I'm letting you stay out that late, your only 16," she informed me.

I of course wouldn't let it go. I brought up New Years from a year ago. "You let me go to a New Years Eve party when I was 15. If I was allowed to stay out till midnight then why can't I now that I"m older?"

"That was for a special occasion. I don't want you staying out that late, and that final."

With that she turned around and headed into the kitchen. I stormed up to my room, slammed the door behind me, and called Posie to tell her the bad news. I honestly can't understand my mother. She is always telling me I need to get out more and do more things with kids my own age. It seems like though the second I do she tells me I can't do it.

My mother is psychotic, that 's the only explanation. I spent Friday night at home, by myself, watching the first 3 Saw movies. Then I spent Valentine's Day first at my Saturday night church service (Which was a lot of fun, and was really glad that I decided to go instead of having a pity party at home.) After I got home I watched the 4 and 5 Saw movies.

Thought: My mother needs to make up her mind. Either she wants me to get out and have a life, or stay home and keep going the way I am. But she can't have both, it's physically impossible. Now someone just needs to tell her that.

2 comments:

jan said...

i agreee living with mom is a rollercoster

-curiouser and curiouser said...

Living with your mother is probably the worst thing that can happen to a child... haha but really though... I know EXACTLY how you feel... and I'm 20 years old