Inside the Mind of a Sloppy Firsts Girl!

*

Monday, January 28, 2008

Highs and Lows: This Was Maybe Both

Alright, so Saturday was a toss up between good and bad. Bad because upon going to my brothers store who was there? Yep that's right, Jonah (The spawn of Satan.) Of I tried to stay away from him as much as possible. Patch was holding auditions again. They were still looking for a new drummer.

The second I got there Jonah was trying to get on my nerves. (Really he probably wasn't, but of course he just was by doing anything.) "Hey there darlin. It's good to see you again."

I ignored his comment and headed straight for my brother and the auditions being held in the back. I got there and the guy that was playing had no sense of rhythm. Honestly, I probably could have played the drums better then that guy. I suffered through a couple of hours of mind numbing idiocy, being beaten extremely loud on a set of drums.

Not being able to take the noise any longer and decided to try my luck downstairs. I started browsing through the new vinyl my brother had on display. There was nothing overly exciting, nothing I hadn't seen before. I was starting to relax, seeing as how I hadn't heard a word from a certain someone, when I heard, "Find anything good? I'm sure you get a real good discount."

"What part of don't talk to me do you not understand? Trust me you do not want to piss me off," I told him.

"I'm so scared," he replied sarcastically, "I hardly doubt your brother is going to fire me because I tried talking to you."

"No, but if you trying anything your so out of here."

"I"m shaking in my boots," and he laughed. Despite the fact that he's the biggest creep I've met in my life he has one hell of a sexy smile.

I was standing there glaring at him when someone just as good looking, if not more, walked in. I was about to say something to him but Jonah beat me to it, "Hi there, is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yes, I'm looking for the auditions," and he held up a pair of drum sticks.

"Oh, yeah they're though the back and up the stairs," Johan replied.

He looked to the back door but he seemed hesitant to just head right on back. So, I took this as an opportunity to 1.) do something different and not be around Jonah and 2.) talk to the hottie. "Follow me I'll show you back."

'Thanks," he was kind of quite. I would have to do something about that.

"So, are you any good?" I asked.

"Good at what?"

I pointed to the drum sticks in his hand, "At the drums."

"Oh right, sorry I'm still a little tired. But yeah, I think I'm amazing."

"That's what they all say."

He laughed, "The only difference is I really am. I'm Nolan by the way."

"It's nice to meet you Nolan. I'm Talbot."

"That's a pretty name," and he smiled at me. Oh, heavens was he gorgeous.

I didn't want the conversation to end so quickly but we were there and the guys were just getting rid of the last loser to not actually be playing. Nolan was next and might I say that he really was amazing. Patch told him that they would give him a call after they finished the auditions. Although, after he left everyone was fairly confident that he would become their new drummer.

Final Thoughts:
1.) Patch need to keep looking for someone who can work on the weekends, cause this isn't working for me.
2.) Nolan is the best drummer to walk through the door and the most handsome.
3.) Should I mention that he's single. He's 22, gorgeous, and completely single.

4 comments:

Elise said...

lol the drummer sounds cute!

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? If you're still in school the big sister voice is going to give some advice on 22 year old guys....

Be back soon

xx

Bharat said...

and will the big sister voice also advice on how this might potentially botch up you being around the band much as it botches up you being in the shop on weekends? get my drift?

JPG. said...

wow, that guy sounds like a dream ^_^ An amazing drummer and good looking?! Don't give up on that, haha x

Psychotic Little Thing said...

Ha ha, good initiative there, taking the drummer dude to the auditions ;)

Also, what sort of 80s music are you into?